prismaticbleed: (sorrow)
[personal profile] prismaticbleed

I've given us 30 more days. maybe forever. i don't know.

I want to erase my past so badly. I want to scrub it off the face of the earth.

But...
this effort, like every other attempt to do so in the past, has only resulted in shutting down my heart.

I've gone cold, and numb, and uncaring, since I hit the "deactivate" button. 
"By their fruits you shall know them," and I was convinced these archives are nothing but rotten fruit, but... erasing them is rotting me.

I don't know what to do. But I need time to discern. 

Our past is very, very, very ugly. We have done such evil and wicked things. Our history is full of tar and plague and blood and horror.
...but it was real. It really happened. It's honest, all of this terrible data. 
Erasing it from written record isn't going to erase it from history.
I'll still carry the wounds, even if they are invisible, even if I deny that they exist.

I don't think we can heal, or grow, or learn, in any honest way, if we just... burn everything to the ground. 

I don't have time to think about this tonight unfortunately. I'm struggling, so much, to "come back alive" after this past month of death.
How ironic that it took one of the most dramatic suicidal crashes of my life to initiate this effort, a real death risk that only Laurie and Chaos 0 saved me from.
You couldn't even pray, you idiot. You were convinced that God had abandoned you forever.
And then they showed up and suddenly you wanted to live, even if only for their sake.
Even if only because, as dead inside as you were, you still couldn't bear to cause him so much pain.
You couldn't bear the thought of her dying with you.

And you're really gonna pretend that they weren't the only way God's love could possibly get to you in that state?

Wake up, you poor fool, stop blinding yourself to the truth, no matter how ghastly it is. 
You've read the Old Testament.
Remember what Dr. Dan Allender said about how God loves stories.


Stop trying to annihilate yours.



 

⛅️

Date: 2026-07-16 02:25 am (UTC)
choirinvisible: (Default)
From: [personal profile] choirinvisible
https://youtu.be/QNGDoOBpw3A?si=fkmw4qPf-90rtWKS

remember when I mentioned someone doing Familiarity this year?

thought you should hear it. ~60sec. know that I'll get this blasted right into my face in the coming weeks. more than once.

please know the secret little peal that rings through my chest every single time. it's just... so much. thank you all for sharing your story with us.

doesn't matter if we need to be distant, nor if you disappear now and then. none of that changes this, which means infinitely more: we love you always.

just felt like sharing a piece of our journey this summer :> one which speaks to us of someone special. soon we will travel to visit Bluecoats in person, just to hear in that giant, aching, wordless voice-

"god only knows what I'd be without you..."

Profile

prismaticbleed: (Default)
prismaticbleed

August 2026

S M T W T F S
       1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 2526272829
3031     

Most Popular Tags

Page Summary

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Aug. 28th, 2026 05:08 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios